Sport Oakville is a partnership of community sport organizations that work cooperatively with the Town of Oakville to provide a collective voice for sport in Oakville.
We do this through:
– Facilitating effective communicating among Oakville sport organizations and other key organizations including all levels of government
– Assisting sport organizations and individuals by linking them to or providing them with sport related education and support services
– Fostering and promoting good sportsmanship through training and education and excellence
– Focusing on awareness building, citizen engagement and planning
Why Join Sport Oakville?
By joining Sport Oakville as a member means that you and /or your sport organization will receive the following from Sport Oakville:
– Sport Oakville advocates for the “value of sport” to the Oakville community
– We facilitate access to sport related education, training, events, knowledge, and expertise
– We enhance the profile, visibility, and credibility of Sport Oakville within the municipality and the larger community
– We assist with policy development, facility development and address sport related issues
– We provide sport organizations the opportunity to apply for a Development Grant Fund
– We host an event for sports organizations to nominate members of their organization for a Sport Recognition Award
– Sport Oakville provides regular communications and updates to their membership
– Members get voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting
Opportunity to help make a difference by becoming a Sport Oakville Board member
How to join Sport Oakville?
Sport Oakville consists of interested individuals, local sport organizations, and a staff representative from the Town of Oakville Recreation and Culture Department. If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete the application form and send with your payment today!
To complete the applications, please download by clicking on the icon below.
Payment can be made by e-transfer to:
Gary Hudson’s (Sport Oakville President)
or by cheque payable to Sport Oakville and mailed to:
The Town of Oakville
Attn: Darryl McWilliam
Recreation and Culture
1225 Trafalgar Road,